Pumps are needed in every household for various purposes. However, the primary pumps often need supplements to enhance their performance. A sump pump may just be the supplement that your primary pump needs to enhance its performance. And if you want to rid yourself of the difficulties that may be faced due to the use of submersible pumps then a Pedestal sump pump is exactly what you need to enhance the performance of the pump, yet rid yourself of unneeded hassles.
Now, if you are wondering what a Pedestal sump pump is, or what does the term exactly mean, here is the answer for you. A Pedestal sump pump is a sump pump but it is not a submersible model. This means that the sump pump is not immersed in water. The pedestal pump is so designed that it is fitted above the water level. If you are wondering how the pump operates, then the answer is pretty simple. A Pedestal sump pump is operated by a float switch or a sensor and this pump will auto start itself once the water level reaches a certain point.
There are various benefits of the Pedestal sump pump when compared to the submersible models. Some of these benefits are as follows.
- The Pedestal sump pumps are much more pocketed friendly; they are not at all as costly as the submersible models.
- The life span of the Pedestal sump pump tends to be longer because they do not remain submerged in water and is therefore not exposed to water damage.
- Another point that is greatly beneficial is the accessibility of the pump. The pedestal pump remains on the ground, and if any part of it stops working or needs repairs it can be done very easily which is not the case with the submersible models. Repairing a submersible pump calls for much more damage and also a lot of expense.
- The structure of the pedestal pumps are usually made of stainless steel or made of copper and they are extremely durable, and they are known to last for years.
Some of the best Pedestal sump pumps that are in the market are.
- Flotec FPPM3600D-01/09 1/3 HP Pedestal sump pump– this is one of the best Pedestal sump pumps available in the market. It has the potential of discharging the herculean amount of over 3000 gallons per hour. Moreover, to ensure complete safety the pump is protected by thermal overload.
- Wayne SPV500 1/3 HP 3,100 GPH Pedestal sump pump, Cast Iron- this Pedestal sump pump model is made of cast iron and is extremely durable and sturdy. This pump can maximize the water flow greatly. This model of pedestal pump from Wayne has the potential of sucking up the water at a rate of 3100 gallons per hour.
- Superior Pump 92301 1/3 HP Cast Iron Pedestal Pump- this pedestal pump is another incredible machine that gives excellent performance and is also extremely sturdy. This pump comes with the potential of 50 gallons per minute.
Therefore if you are looking for a sump pump for your house these incredible machines could just be the right thing for you.